Golfers always want to improve their handicap. Usually new clubs are bought, you get some lessons & you go to the range. The last thing most amateur golfers think about is improving their physical performance.
Well if you are serious about reducing that handicap, then come & see our Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Certified Physiotherapist, Matt Lakin-Hall at mlh Physiotherapy, and he will carry out your full golf physical screening.
All our screenings are provided at our Golf Performance Physio Centres, of which we have 2 bases, firstly at Ringway Golf Club, in Cheshire, & secondly at Oulton Hall Golf Academy, in Yorkshire.
Matt is certified as a Level 2 Medical Professional & uses The TPI Screening Tool to identify what physical limitations a player has & how that can adversely affect their golf swing and potentially lead to injury.
What is TPI?
Since its inception in 2003, TPI has studied thousands of golfers ranging from the top professional tour players to weekend enthusiasts. An incredible amount of data on players of all shapes, sizes, ages, and fitness levels has been gathered during this time. Using this data, TPI discovered how a properly functioning body allows a player to swing a golf club in the most efficient way possible. Additionally, TPI has analyzed how physical limitations in a player's body can adversely affect the golf swing mechanics and potentially lead to poor performance & injury.
- TPI does not believe in one way to swing a club, rather in an infinite number of swing styles. But, they do believe there is one efficient way for every player to swing and it is based on what the player can physically do.
- TPI believes golfers will benefit the most from a healthy and efficient body.
- The most efficient swing is not the same for every golfer, because efficiency is unique to their body. To achieve an efficient swing, a golfer must first be screened.
What does Screening involve?
Matt will conduct a physical screen, which involves assessment of your flexibility, stability, strength & movement quality in various tests specific to golf. The results are then linked to video analysis of your swing, which is used to create a plan unique for you.
The plan may include exercises for flexibility, strength or balance, and physiotherapy and hands-on treatment.
Why do you need this?
- PLAY BETTER - Identify physical limitations in your body & look for posture or muscle imbalances & their impact on your swing
- SWING BETTER - Improve those limitations or imbalances to improve your swing technically
- PLAY PAIN-FREE - Prevent golf injuries
- PLAY LONGER - Prolong your participation in a sport you enjoy playing
TPI Physical Screening - £75
- Physical screening, video analysis & initial physiotherapy/exercise program
Further Golf Performance sessions - £50
- Follow-up session, physiotherapy & progressive exercise plan
Golf Performance Packages
- We are pleased to now offer a variety of packages to suit individuals' needs. Please click here to see prices.
Working with a TPI Certified Physiotherapist to improve your game is just one part of your 'team'. Part of the TPI philosophy is that "A golfer will see the greatest improvement by surrounding themselves with a team of experts."
Matt is keen to work alongside your Coach & Trainer to add to the expertise you already have in your team. If you don't have any of these professionals involved, Matt can recommend suitable people.
Prevention is key; the aim of this screening program is obviously to improve golfing performance, but also to prevent injury, so just because you are coming to see a Manchester Physiotherapist doesn't mean you are injured. We want to "unlock your bodies potential" & we are promoting "golfing health".
To find out more about The Titleist Performance Institute visit www.mytpi.com
For further information or to book, contact Matt directly at email@example.com or phone 07789 955559